My predictions for today:
- LNP win. (That's a no-brainer)
- Labor likely to have around 10-15 seats.
- Katter's Party will likely win Mt Isa. Possibly Nanango Both will be extremely close. Dalrymple, held by LNP defector Shane Knuth will be close. KAP state leader Aidan McLindon, another LNP defector will have a fight on his hands.
- Peter Wellington Independent MP for Nicklin will likely lose, but it will be very close
- Rob Messenger, LNP defector running as an Independent will likely lose
- Campbell Newman will easily win Ashgrove
- Anna Bligh will also have a contest on her hands in South Brisbane
- Treasurer & Deputy Premier will likely lose his seat of Mt Coot-tha